[Board] Help to update Officers page

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Sep 18 14:09:33 PDT 2014

Hi Cameron, comments inline below:

On 2014-09-18 5:05 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

> On 19/09/2014 4:13 am, Jeff McKenna wrote:
>> comments inline:
>>
>> On 2014-09-18 3:09 PM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
>>> Frank Warmerdam is chair of the conference committee.
>>
>> ok thanks, will update now.
>>

>>> Marketing is still Cameron?
>>
>> I don't know.  Also I am unsure of the Website Committee chair.
> Yes, technically I was the last person in the chair role, and still
> occasionally officiate over requests for budget, but the marketing
> committee almost totally inactive. (The previous active members are all
> currently active in the OSGeo-Live community).

Ok Cameron, do you have any suggestions on how to revive the Marketing
Committee? It has become one of the most important needs/challenges
lately, and it needs some love and direction.  There are lots of young
hungry talented people out there in the OSGeo community these days with
a design sense, maybe we need to put out a call for volunteers, what do
you think?

Also, speaking of OSGeo-Live, has anyone spoke to you about making
OSGeo-Live an official OSGeo project?  (incubation, etc etc)  If you
think this calls for a new email thread I am fine with that.

>>> For MapFish I’ll ask around within CampToCamp.
>>
>> Excellent, thanks.
>>
> What we have been noticing from OSGeo-Live is that MapFish's active
> community has moved into other areas and are hard to get hold of. My
> expectation is that at some point MapFish would be a candidate for
> retirement.
> MapFish has a good printing module which is used by other projects and
> it might be appropriate for it to be given a new home.

Ok, this is good advice and feedback.  I believe Bart was inquiring
about a contact for MapFish.  Let's see what we hear from them...

-jeff