[Board] Polling charter members

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Sep 19 06:52:14 PDT 2014

Hi Mike,

There are ways to have an affordable larger event, which I think the
FOSSGIS gang does really well.  I think there their goal is just to 'get
the word out', and not as much pressure for revenue.  FOSS4G could be
like that.  I think the FOSSGIS gang has been wanting to help us that
way for a long time.  And as we know, OSGeo needs very little revenue to
operate each year.  I'm interested in hearing your opinions on this, as
a Board.

I think this discussion we're having now is great.

-jeff