[Board] Minutes and motions from 15/12/10 meeting

Vasile Craciunescu vasile at geo-spatial.org
Wed Dec 16 02:41:09 PST 2015

Dear all,

I'm sorry for not being able to attend the last board meeting. I'm also
sorry for being so quiet during the last two weeks when a lot happen in
our organization. I will try to be more active in the weeks to come.
Please find my votes inline.

On 12/13/15 11:50 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Thanks for recording minutes Anita:
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2015-12-10
>
> I think we have started up email threads for agenda item not covered in
> the meeting.
>
> Here are the remaining motions for board members:
>
> 1. Approve prior meeting minutes
> <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2015-11-12> (from Nov 12)

+1

> 2.  Recognize mdsmith as our representative to LocationTech

-1

I have no problem to continue to have a representative at LocationTech.
Hover, the last FOSS4G selection process generated much tension. We
should first clarify the issues raised in the last period (interacting
with LT and our community) and then decide on how to carry on.

> 3. geoServer PSC request $1500 CAD
> <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mp2xWq95t1rqwle6_WCQ0qD8D9-1icitLH0AiJQ7r4Y/edit?usp=sharing> towards
> GeoServer code sprint
> <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoServer_Code_Sprint_2016>

+1

Great!

> 4. Schedule next IRC board meeting for Jan 7th at 2 pm UTC
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2016&month=1&day=7&hour=14&min=0&sec=0%2015.00UTC>

0

We already have a face2face meeting scheduled for the end of January. In
my opinion, we should focus on defining a coherent agenda for that meeting.

> --
> Jody Garnett

Best,
Vasile