[Board] minutes and motions for 2015-09-19 (Seoul)

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 00:56:19 PDT 2015

On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 16:19:57 +0200
Massimiliano Cannata <massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch> wrote:

> Hello,
> here are the meeting minutes and motions from
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2015-09-19
>
> Board member please reply to this mail with your vote for the motions.

Hi all,

here are my votes:

> *Motions:*
>
>    1. Approve past meeting's minutes

+1

>    2. Create a new official Paypal account for OSGeo (and transfer the
>    money from the old account)

+1

>    3. OSGeo contact Web page: remove the form from the page and
> include the list of e-mails (board address, president, tresurer,
> discussion list, project mailing lists, etc..)

+1, good idea! I find such information more useful than the form.

>    4. Use Google infrastructure for mails and drive space

+0

I share Gérald's concerns, but also know that internal mail/files
management is a significant task for SAC. Either we go for Google mails
and drive (or any other external service) either SAC deserves to get
funds for it.

> *Other items:*
>
>    - Approved last minute
>    - Tresurer report: ~57k USD seed money transferred, extension for
> tax filling
>    - Paypal account, need make a new account and transfer money from
> old to new
>    - Rasdaman: on OpenHub errouneously it is owned by osgeo, request
> to change it immediately. Jeff corrected it and apologize for the
> error.

To be honest, I have been surprised by the tone of emails. Anyway, it's
solved now.

>    - New board members require information to quickly get involved and
>    active
>    - Election, charter members shall vote to continue with
> membership, we should cope with this

Agreed.

>    - Next week more details on results of election
>    - Membership process
>

> *Actions*
>
>    - Mike create Paypal account
>    - Jeff ask Tyler for access details
>    - Jeff talk to CoC to acknowledge that the board think that also
> ethic misconducts is topic for CoC committee
>    - Vasile: Send info to new board members based on
>    http://arnulf.us/sevendipity/archives/49-OSGeo-Director-Retrospective.html
>    - New board: examine the election process and consider to adopt a
>    nomination + second letters from other members and no veto to be
>    **selected**, then if veto board could take a decision
I agree that it could be too daunty to be the first task for the new
Board; but I am confident that with so many great candidates, it will
be possible to tackle it soon.

Best regards,

Anne
--