[Board] Overview of all current FOSS4G conferences

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Aug 30 02:34:29 PDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 08:07:58AM +0200, Luca Delucchi wrote:

> ok, I don't know if is possible to svn up from a git repository, this
> could be really cool

It takes a script. I have my own ones for PostGIS/GEOS that do
SVN to GIT, but no way back. From GIT to SVN I do it manually.
Both directions are done with git-svn.

I'd love to see an OSGeo wide solution to keep SVN repositories
in sync with GIT ones, and there's already a ticket about it:
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1654

Comments and more importantly _code_ are welcome :)

> > - I just discovered that we have yet another git option: GitLab at
> > https://git.osgeo.org/gitlab/ (hard to keep track of all options ha!)
>
> yes, I don't know why they are not using the same git repository...

GitLab is running on its own, temporary, machine.
Gogs runs on the same machine as Trac (and allows using
the same git repository from both).

That said, I suspect these "modern" systems want to have exclusive
ownership over git repositories.

What both GitLab and Gogs offer, though, is registering a repository
as a _mirror_ of another, so you could (for example) create a GitLab
mirror of the Gogs one, or viceversa. What remain separated are the
issues and pull requests.

--strk;