[Board] Fwd: Re: Request for funding for Geo4Africa CodeSprint 2017

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Fri Oct 21 17:20:11 PDT 2016

Dear Board,

I am forwarding my mail interaction with Daniel regarding
support for Geo4Africa Code Sprint.

Daniel has agreed to the terms as below;

Total Amout of support from OSGeo for Code Sprint: $4000USD
Direct Support: $2000USD
Support on 50% "Risk Sharing" basis: $2000USD.

Regarding "Risk sharing", the amount to be refunded to OSGeo after the
code sprint
will depend on surplus (or shortfall) generated from organizing the code
sprint.

The OSGeo logo will be displayed on the Code Sprint page after the board
passes the motion to support the codesprint.

I will also start a thread on loomio to facilitate voting on the motion to
support Geo4Africa code sprint.

Best

Venka