[Board] MoU with AGILE

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Oct 24 06:26:28 PDT 2016

As an academic network of labs in Europe , it is important we have links established with AGILE. Properitery folks have been active in these networks for many years with no challenge from us. We cannot remain silent and let properitery folks rule. We need to proactively engage and be part of all the networks to keep pushing Open Source GIS. That is why we did MoU with UCGIS in USA (properitery vendors are very active in this also). Properitery vendors are also active in scientific organisations like ICA, ISPRS , GSDI etc. We need our strong voice in all these networks from now. So it is very important that we have strong MoUs highlighting collaborations in Open Source GIS research and education with more professional organisations. GeoForAll is a good framework for us to make these collaborations possible.

Best wishes,

Suchith