[Board] [OSGeo-Conf] MOTION : Conference Committee - Updating Membership Policies and Process

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 02:20:35 PDT 2016

CORRECTION

The motion has not been passed. I apologise for my misunderstanding of the voting mechanism.

Perhaps Venka and Maria could redraft the motion in a way that resolves their concerns over the voting process (quorum and majority required) and the number of members on the committee (one or two others also expressed reservations about reducing to 11).

Given that we are due to start the 2018 RfP on Friday, would it be best to invite all of the current committee members to participate in the selection process and implement any changes arising from the revised process (if one is agreed) after the selection of the host for FOSS4G 2018?

Jeroen and Thierry resigned from the committee during the discussions, would either of them like to reconsider their resignation?

Best
______
Steven