[Board] discussion on osgeo projects, osgeo community and incubation

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Tue Aug 1 09:07:26 PDT 2017

On 8/2/2017 12:51 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Venka they are visible as community projects on the website and our
> promotion.

Jody Community projects and "projects in incubation" were different and
are listed
as such on our present website. The decision to put them together (as a
part of
re-branding) was neither informed to or approved by the board.

All project in incubation can display on their project leaflet and
website they
they are striving to graduate as an OSGeo project and undergoing our
software vetting process.

> Venka is there any reason for projects that are in our incubation process
> to be considered for more visibility then our community projects?
Jody I never talked about more visibility or less. I said that Project
in Incubation
must be shown as such with appropriate logo.
Why? Because they are taking steps to graduate as OSGeo projects and because
that is how it was before changes were made without information or
approval from the board. Even the PSC of project under incubation were
not informed about this.