[Board] About presentation at GWF-2017

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Sun Jan 15 17:21:19 PST 2017

Dear Board,

I have a speaking engagement at GWF-2017
coming up next week in Hyderabad, India.
I am supposed to present the OSGeo perspective
at the session entitled "SUSTAINING A COLLABORATIVE INDUSTRY
ENGAGEMENT MODEL"

The main discussion points are as below;

a) Academia – Industry collaboration. Who should take the lead?
b) Other than providing financial assistance, what are other ways for
industry to engage closely with academia for mutual benefit?
c) Many faculty members are still conservative when talking about
commercialization. What are steps required to change this mindset?
d) What are your thoughts on cooperative research involving both
university and industry? Any known success stories?

Any inputs from your side is welcome. Also looking for
major success stories that could be highlighted.

I will also be attending FOSS4G-Asia just after GWF-2017. I
will miss the next board meeting flight on 2 Feb., 2017

Best

Venka