[Board] taking action on sponsorship recommendations

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Fri Mar 10 02:02:54 PST 2017

Hi Jody

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 3:34 AM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have a couple of motions I would like to make now:
> - introduce a "diamond" category at 30k because some of our sponsors are
> generous
> - restrict sponsorship to avoid search engine optimization companies

​+1 for both.

FYI: We have have the following rule for QGIS sponsors:

Acceptance of sponsorship offers is at the discretion of the QGIS PSC. We
reserve the right to decline offers of sponsorship if the sponsoring
organisation or party seems to be at odds with the ethos of our project.
For example offers from marketing companies that have nothing to do with
GIS / spatial services, or offers where we have reason to believe the
presence of the sponsors logo and marketing materials on our site and other
materials will degrade the experience of our users will be declined.​
(
http://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/sponsorship/sponsorship.html#qgis-sponsorship-program
​)

​Best wishes,