[Board] travel grant meeting results

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon May 15 14:36:09 PDT 2017

Thanks to Steve and Angelos for this mornings chat - we did not have enough
board members to make quorum so no actions could be taken.

Steve was able to confirm that the conference committee is interested in
taking on this additional responsibility.

I ask board members to vote promptly (24 hours) on the following:
https://www.loomio.org/p/4CZrPTLS/assign-travel-grant-respon
sibility-to-the-conference-committee
- This modifies the responsibilities of the conference committee, adding
responsibility for a travel grant program.
- The proposal also removes some language from the original FrankW motion
forming the conference committee. This language was removed since both the
conference committee and foss4g are now established.
<https://www.loomio.org/p/4CZrPTLS/assign-travel-grant-responsibility-to-the-conference-committee>
Next up there is a working budget model for travel grants in 2017,
https://www.loomio.org/p/jhp8SX1L/travel-grant-budget-10-10-proposal
- This is a conversation opener, we have a bit more time to act as the
conference committee gets set up

We also reviewed the draft document written for the board, the conference
committee can use this as a starting point. If you are interested in
joining the conversation head on over to that mailing list.

Please note that the format of the travel grant program is up to the
conference committee; right now the board is only concerned with providing
a mandate (and budget).

--
Jody Garnett