[Board] board operation question from the incubation list

María Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 23:21:19 PST 2017

Hi,

In my opinion, even if we don't count the votes of the members in conflict,
we have a majority of the board agreeing on this motion. So I think it
makes sense to approve it.

The alternative would be to freeze the incubation of a project until no
member of the board has conflicts. Considering that the incubation is just
the start of a longer process which may or may not succeed, I think it is
healthier to accept the incubation and make sure the conflict of interests
are solved by the end of the process (the sooner, the better).

Regards,
María.