[Board] meeting prep thread, OSGeo sponsorship and 2018 opportunities

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 14:34:09 PST 2017

You are correct OSGeo does not manage regional events:

- The cross listing of sponsors and so on is a policy we are doing at OSGeo
to promote sponsor participation in regional events (and sponsors have to
approach us to be cross listed - idea is to treat it as extra value rather
than competition).
- We are trying to set up a travel fund to help regional events, although
it did not take off in 2017.