[Board] Request for OSGeo Budget 2018: Sponsoring OSGeo Code Sprint 2018

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Mon Nov 20 11:21:36 PST 2017

Hello,

in march 2018 will be the FOSSGIS conference in Bonn [1] and in the same
week the annual OSGeo Code Sprint in Basecamp in Bonn (same place as in
2016 during FOSS4G)

Page on the new webside
http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/events/osgeo-code-sprint-2018/

Registration page in OSGeo wiki
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Code_Sprint_2018

The code sprint in 2016 was a great success and we would like to repeat
it.

 From the bugdget calculations from 2016 I estimated the costs for the
2018 code sprint.

You find it on the Talk-page:
* https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Talk:OSGeo_Code_Sprint_2018

We will also ask FOSSGIS e.V. (german local chapter) for sponsoring the
event and we will try to find several sponsors. We will start with the
promotion for the event soon.

There was also the idea to organize an OSGeo charter member meeting in
Bonn during the Code sprint. I will write a separate mail about this
idea.

Astrid

[1] https://fossgis-konferenz.de/2018/

--