[Board] november 21 meeting prep

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 03:29:54 PST 2017

We have scheduled an additional november to focus on budget and project
updates.

Looking at the adgenda for this weeks meeting:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2017-11-21

List the agenda below, I suspect we may have to table some of the topics
(or be very efficient).

   - roll call
   - appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
   - Approve previous meeting minutes
   - Review action items from previous meeting
   - Plan a F2F meeting
   - Review/revise sponsors program for 2018
   - Project review GDAL/OGR (2016-2017 report)
   - Project review GeoTools (2017 report)
   - Project review Marble
   - Projects review 4
   - Projects review 5
   - Discuss alternative to Dropbox
   - Discussion about Officer positions (President, Vice-Presidents,
   Secretary)
   - Dissolve Geodata Committee
   - Draft 2018 budget update (funds for website management need to be
   added, make it a funded position?)
   - Relationship with AGU & possible MoU
   - Request to leverage GSoC 500 USD grant for 1 student's travel to
   FOSDEM devroom 2018 (thread)
   - Usage of OSGeo logo and name
   - Discuss possibility of a Charter Members meeting, as part of the OSGeo
   Code Sprint in March

I would suggest giving priority to officers who are joining us for this
meeting, and look at tabling some topics to the December meeting. It may be
possible to handle several of the discussion topics on the email list here.
--
Jody Garnett