[Board] Budgeting project event support for 2018

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 14:41:47 PDT 2017

This was an annual budget, I guess we could of asked for an update during
the AGM reports.

I assume the next board will go trip that the same communication we did in
November to establish budget expectations for a budget approval in the
December meeting.

We still need to check the AGM and see what committees we have not heard
from and invite them to the next board meeting.
On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 2:22 PM Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Last year, we asked the all projects to help us budget for preject-related
> events. The feedback (before consolidation) was (
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=OSGeo_Budget_2017&oldid=104525
> ​)​
> GRASS 1,500 code sprint
> QGIS 2,000 3,000 1x developer meeting & 1x user conference
> GeoServer 1,500 2,000 1x developer meeting / sprint
> ZOO-Project 2,000 code sprint
> OpenLayers 2,000 code sprint
> MapServer 5,000 code sprint (and possibly assist in travel)
> PyWPS code sprint, see request details
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/PyWPS-winter-code-sprint-td5283188.html
> GeoMOOSE 3,000 GeoMOOSE presence in at least three regional conferences,
> generation of OSGeo-Live USB Thumbdrives for handout at conferences and
> other project participation events, seed funding for at least one GeoMOOSE
> code Sprint and at least one GeoMOOSE workshop
> pycsw 2,000 code sprint
>
> We finally budgeted 17,500. How does this compare to the actual spending
> this year?
>
> If you agree, I'll go ahead and ask our projects to provide input for next
> year's budget. This way, the incoming board will already have the
> information they need to start planning.
>
> Regards,
> Anita

Jody Garnett