[Board] Improve Community Behaviour

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:13:55 PDT 2018

On 9/08/2018 7:47 PM, María Arias de Reyna wrote:

>> One minor comment: it seems that you've copied the text for the OSGeo
>> CoC from other sources.  It would be polite to reference the source you
>> copied from at the end of the CoC.  Separately, showing where you copied
>> parts from is a good indicator to community participants that you're
>> serious about the CoC, since you are re-using widely used terms from
>> other communities.
>>
>> The ASF does this in our CoC:
>>
>> https://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct#endnotes
> Makes sense. I wasn't there for the first version, maybe someone who
> was on the original group can fill the gaps?

Hi Shane, good suggestion. I can spread some light on the sources we
used to develop our CoC from. As per our press release [1] at the time
we wrote the CoC:
/[The OSGeo Code of Conduct] is derived from the great work of other
organisations, mostly from the Apache Foundation's Code-Of-Conduct [2]./

For links to more of the CoCs we reviewed and drew inspiration from,
refer to my blog post at the time [3].

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Press_Release_Code_Of_Conduct
[2] https://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct.html
[3]