[Board] Fwd: Re: [OSGeo] #2110: Dropbox replacement

María Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 23:27:53 PST 2018

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 8:15 AM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:

> Il 6 feb 2018 11:04 PM, "María Arias de Reyna" <delawen at gmail.com> ha
> scritto:
>
> These are fair questions. Do we need a gui?
>

> Nextcloud [0] could be a really good alternative. This could connected to
> LDAP and so could be possible to use it to share data between all members,
> creating groups for committee, projects and so...
> With some help from SAC I could do the installation and maintenance..
>
> [0] https://nextcloud.com/
>
> Regards
> Luca

Hi,

I agree and I would vote for Nextcloud. But the SAC is right, instead of
choosing the software, we should define requirements. We are right now
using Dropbox, why? We could have been using a simple FTP, for example.
Unless, as Mike says, we want syncing. Do we want something else?

So if you want to add some other requirement, this is the time and place :)

For example, Nextcloud has email client plugin, video support for meetings,
online collaborative editing (through the collabora libreoffice system),...
Do we need any of this? Could it make sense to have a kanban board to
organize as board? Or any other tribe may want to use this too for their
special usecase.