[Board] GCI 2017: A big thank you for the hard work!

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Wed Jan 10 21:58:43 PST 2018

Dear Jody, Dear Cameron,

to be honest, in my point of view, it's not ok to prepare such a blog/press release without consulting
the GCI/GSoC team (admins and mentors) before.

The GCI contest is still going on, the mentors are doing a really great job.

I can't read anything about this in the blog.

The students are doing cool things, e.g. promotional videos how to use QGIS or Marble,
coding test suits for GRASS etc etc

I can't see anything about this in the blog.

Without mentors and students, all this wouldn't happen.

Therefore I suggest, wait until the end of the contest, compile a cool result page
and set it all up in greater context.

Thanks
Helmut