[Board] GPDR

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 22:41:06 PDT 2018

So what do we do as a volunteer organization, perhaps make a wiki or web
page with this list ... and contact details to use if someone wants to be
removed for whatever reason.

I do not see a need to make an automated solution, just have a solution.

One thing that is impossible is the version control history ... but in that
case we have a legal reason to require their personal details. They (or
their organization) must be associated with the work ...
On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 10:16 PM Massimiliano Cannata <
massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch> wrote:

> MailChimp list of past foss4g participants?
>
> Il mer 11 lug 2018, 19:18 Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> ha
> scritto:
>
>> As pointed out on discuss, some of our services share information about
>> members of our community, falling in the line of fire for the EU General
>> Data Projection Regulation
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation>.
>>
>> So what personal data collection do we have?
>>
>> a) signed contribution agreements for contributors, these documents are
>> provided to us and managed by the secretary. We do need to share these with
>> the project steering committees so they can verify contributors are on the
>> up-and-up.
>>
>> b) OSGeo user id - as noted on discuss we offer a tool to query the
>> database and see if an email address is in use.
>>
>> c) Wiki login? Imagine it is similar to the above, not sure if we have a
>> status update about replacing wiki logins yet.
>>
>> d) email list membership / mailman access? I know Source Forge has put
>> all mailman list management under lock and key, and as a GeoServer admin I
>> can no longer figure out information about email list subscribers ... only
>> a total number.
>>
>> Anything missing in the above list?
>> --
>> Jody Garnett