[Board] separate discussion on the value of video archiving

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Wed Jun 20 08:45:27 PDT 2018

Hello,

we talked about the big value of video streaming and archiving at the
video meeting in December

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2017-12-23

See

FOSS4G ($30k): Discussion of video requests from Michael Turner
     is this reasonable?
     can we take this responsibility from LOC? Like with travel grants we
could maintain knowlege/procedure across events...
     is this something the conference committee would be willing to do?
     please add to "foss4g cookbook"
     astird: would like to see videos, livestream included - how can we
support?
     action: Astrid may look at setting up a technical team to be
available to LOC
     support a technical committee to support video recording for
Conference LOCs - Astrid POC
     discussion on supporting a long term active, michael is in favour of
OSGeo supporting this.

One of my todos was to work on a OSGeo video team.

The Wiki page is already there
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Video_Committee

I am in contact with Vasile and would like to work on this for FOSS4G
2019. I started discussing with Michael Terner and Guido Stein.

I also talked to TIB Bastian Drees, people from c3voc and Johan (about
the FOSDEM solution)

But due to other issues I did not promote all this in public yet.

I just created a todo-ticket:
https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/18

So everyone who would like to get involved is welcome. maybe we can talk
about it at the next conferences.

Astrid