[Board] FOSS4G/SotM Oceania, Melbourne, 21-24 Nov 2018

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 18:39:52 PDT 2018

Hello John, that is great news!

If you are organizing as a member of the OSGeo Australian New Zealand local
chapter then you are good to go, although you may prefer to use the local
chapter logo. That is the main formal relationship we do ...

Indeed we are happy to send, or print locally, OSGeo materials. Something
you can coordinate with our marketing committee.

The FOSS4G brand is open for use, it is not the sole custody of OSGeo. Each
time we use the conference brand we try and include the small “ribbon”
element in the resulting logo (for team spirit and cheerful).

We are actually in a board meeting this weekend, so I will add your request
to tomorrow’s addenda.

I am really glad to see a Melbourne event. I had the pleasure of both
organist the last FOSS4G-AU in Brisbane, and attending the recent QGIS user
day in Sydney. There is lots to be done.

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 2:06 AM John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Some of you are already aware of the regional FOSS4G conference we're
> planning for November in Melbourne, but I thought I'd send a message here
> to see if there is anything we should formalise, with regard to our
> relationship with OSGeo.
>
> In particular, do we have permission to use OSGeo materials (ie logo) on
> our website and marketing materials?
>
> Is there anything the OSGeo board expects from us, as a regional
> conference, in terms of reporting? We're committed to transparency, and all
> of our planning documents are available on Google Drive, linked through our wiki
> page <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-SOTM-Oceania>.
>
> We intend to start ramping up our public profile soon, and we're aiming to
> launch our website at the end of this month. With that in mind, it would be
> great to get the stamp of approval from this board.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you!
>
> Cheers
> John Bryant

Jody Garnett