[Board] sponsors relationship maintenance

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 07:48:50 PDT 2023

An override for ongoing sponsors may be appropriate fix for the automation.

Thinking this through - we changed the sponsorship incentives for ongoing
OSGeo sponsors … but not the automation to match.

Idea: Perhaps for ongoing sponsors the automated delist date could be set
at February 1st: and a reminder email sent out January 1st (with any
sponsorship priorities identified via annual budget request process).

Jody

On Thu, Apr 13, 2023 at 7:42 AM Vicky Vergara <vicky at erosion.dev> wrote:

> Jody,
>
> Thinking of ideas: (and/or) that can apply to the website:
> * Add a button that overrides the "don't list" the sponsor.
> * Increase for X months/years after the end of sponsorship the "show me".
>   * Have a different category where they are listed when they sponsored
> the year before.
>   * In the same category with a smaller logo.
>
> Regards
> Vicky
>

> On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 9:59 AM Jody Garnett via Board <
> board at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:
>
>> Earlier in the year I wrote about the importance of providing
>> opportunities to sponsor as part of our annual communication. The
>> discussion focused on supporting our projects and being brave enough to ask
>> for funding (which can be quite difficult). The ticket is being worked
>> here: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/140
>>
>> Today I wish to write about maintaining the relationship with our
>> sponsors: this is one of the most important relationships we have to manage
>> as these organizations are in many cases the employers of our members, and
>> provide the resources (money) and resources (time) that make our community
>> possible.
>>
>> The present list of prior sponsors who have been de-listed: Mammoth
>> Geospatial , meggsimum , Kaplan Open Source Consulting Ltd , ECC , Line45 ,
>> addresscloud.com , Camp2Camp , Chartwell Consultants Ltd. , aon.com ,
>> MapGears , Spatialized , BrightRain Solutions , atolcd , OmniSci , Here ,
>> EOX , Crunchy Data , North Road , Oslandia , Synthesis , thinkWhere ,
>> AppGeo , Azavea , mundialis , Sourcepole AG , WIGeoGIS , terrestris ,
>> Gaia3D , FreeArt , Safe Software , Astun , Carto , GeoSolutions , Boundless
>> , How 2 Map , Geodan , GeoCat BV
>>
>> I created a ticket https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/154
>> with the option of either maintaining this relationship; or removing the
>> automatic de-listing of sponsors which can and does cause offense.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> --
>> Jody Garnett

Jody Garnett