[Board] FOSS4G-Asia 2023 Travel Grant Funding Request

신상희(Sanghee Shin) shshin at gaia3d.com
Thu Jun 15 23:03:00 PDT 2023

Dear OSGeo Board Members,

I am writing on behalf of the FOSS4G-Asia 2023 Seoul LOC to request funding support for our Travel Grant Program (TGP). FOSS4G-Asia 2023 Seoul(https://foss4g.asia/2023/) is scheduled to take place from November 28th to December 2nd, 2023, and we are aiming to make it a more diverse event by assisting individuals from Asian countries who may not be able to attend due to financial constraints.

We have launched the FOSS4G-Asia 2023 Seoul TGP, prioritizing students, women, and minority attendees from low-income and lower-middle-income economies. The goal is to raise USD 20,000 for the program, and we kindly request OSGeo to contribute USD 5,000 to support this initiative.

For more details on the FOSS4G-Asia 2023 Seoul TGP, including its objectives and selection criteria, please visit: https://foss4g.asia/2023/travel-grant-program/ If you have any questions or require further information, please don't hesitate to contact me or the Seoul team.

감사합니다.

신상희

---
Shin, Sanghee