[Bootcamp08] Open Source Bootcamp 6 - A few notes

Andrew Ross grof at rogers.com
Fri May 30 22:18:59 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

I am looking forward to seeing you on Monday. Below are a few final notes to
help make the event more enjoyable for you.

Directions

Please note, the main room is 102 Azrieli Theatre and *not* 2000 Minto
Centre.

For those not familiar with Carleton's campus, this is the building marked
AT on the map <http://www2.carleton.ca/campus/> . The easiest way to find it
is to head towards Dunton Tower
<http://www2.carleton.ca/campus/buildings/dunton.php> , one of the tallest
buildings on campus. Azrieli Theatre is connected to the Tory building.
Please do not be confused by Azrieli Pavilion which is right next to Dunton
Tower. Azrieli Theatre is across the walkway from the Pavilion.

If you are looking for parking on campus, I recommend parking in the parking
garage where you can park all day for $10. P6$ allows you to park all day
for $6 if I am not mistaken and is a slightly longer walk.

Raffle tickets

We'll be handing out raffle tickets to you on the way in. Please take only
one ticket. You can only win one prize.
(Student volunteers who helped with the event will be provided with 2
tickets but can only win 1 prize)

We're giving away a Playstation 3, a Garmin Nuvi 250W, and "the World".

Half of the raffle ticket you keep, half goes in a container to be used for
the prize raffle at the end of Monday's talks.

We're filming the talks

We'd like to share that we will be video recording the talks. If you are
uncomfortable about this and do not wish to be filmed, please sit at the
back and we will strive to ensure you are not  part of the recording. As
part of the Q&A portion, we will have a roaming wireless microphone and
camera. If you have a question, please hold up your hand and we will bring
the microphone to you. Please  try to resist the temptation to shout out
your question as it will not be recorded. Thank you.

BOF talks and meetings

The same 5 rooms we're using for talks on the first day are available for
BOF talks, project meetings, and discussions. Please sign up here:
http://www.osbootcamp.org/wiki/index.php?title=BOFTalks6

We will be providing a 1-800 dial in number and live webcasting of action in
the 102 Azrieli Theatre room courtesy of Blindside
<http://www.blindsidenetworks.com/> Networks.

WIFI

There is free wifi provided in the area of the rooms.

The wlan is CU-Internet and is unsecured. The reception in the rooms
themselves may be poor as the access point is in the hallway. Given the
number of attendees, expect around 1/2 Mbps to 1 Mbps of bandwidth. In case
you need more bandwidth, there are 8 additional access points in the
Unicentre which is roughly a 2 minute walk.

Food

Muffins and coffee will be served starting at 8:15am. Sandwiches and drinks
will be served at the lunch break starting at noon. An afternoon snack will
be served at 3pm.

The Unicentre is nearby and provides a cafeteria should you decide to visit
it.

Updates to the web site

If you are interested, please review the abstracts
<http://www.osbootcamp.org/wiki/index.php?title=Speakers6>  and biographies
<http://www.osbootcamp.org/wiki/index.php?title=Biographies6>  of the fine
speakers presenting.

Thank you, and see you Monday.