[California] OSCon Conference in San Jose, July 22-23

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Tue Jun 23 16:43:06 EDT 2009

Hi All-

   You may be aware that OSGeo California has obtained a .org booth at
OReilly OSCon 2009. This is a high profile show, and attendance in the
past is very large. This is the first year it will be in Silicon
Valley.

   The show has requested that we *finalize* our volunteer list by 06
July 2009. Please see the wiki page  for signups.
We have 4 exhibit hall passes and 1 conference session pass.. The
sessions are varied and often quite good. Unsure as to whether the
exhibit pass gets you into the keynotes, which are also quite good.
TBD. All Volunteers will get *at least* one session of choice. TBD

       http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSCON_2009

Important Dates:
===================================
19Jul09                     Postgres Day
20Jul09                     OSCon begins
20Jul09 - 21Jul09   Exhibitor move in
22Jul09                     Exhibit Hall Opens, Reception at 6pm
23Jul09 17:00          Exhibit Hall closes

Social Networking:
===================================
OCon is running a show-only social network and attendee directory. Once
our volunteer list is finalized, we can submit a list of email
addresses for participation in their social network and more. eg if you
want to be listed in the directory, this is the way to start.  I have
no idea how that will work, but, OReilly pulled of some very polished
tech for Where 2.0, so it could be good.

Alex will make sure that the show materials arrive in San Jose

questions? comments? things I forgot?  email or irc
(I am darkblue_b on FREENODE #osgeo)

all for now
   -Brian

==