[California] Becoming a chapter - almost there

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Wed Mar 11 12:48:10 EDT 2009

Re: Alex Nomination

I want to make clear at this point though that this is a volunteer
organization with community goals. So any official position has a built
in requirement of service and outreach. Here in the information tech
world, I think there is a tendency to get caught up in the machine and
process and not in the people.

So if Alex is it, I am asking right now for Alex to think twice about
people when he goes about chapter business. Alex is obviously highly
capable, and has already done a huge amount of leg work in getting the
Davis contingent moving towards AAG, which naturally bodes well.

best regards
   -Brian