[California] CA-DFG map services

Joe Larson joelarso at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 12:25:42 EST 2010

All -- I stumbled upon a great resource and wanted to share it with you!
(Alex, you probably knew about it - I think you have a DFG tie)

website: http://www.cio.ca.gov/wiki/Imagery.ashx

"DFG is now offering California-statewide aerial imagery and topo map
services for public use from its ArcGIS Server environment. Currently
offered services include: - California 2005 CIR aerial imagery in 2
variations (CIR/false color, NDVI) - NAIP 2005 aerial imagery (natural
color) - NAIP 2009 aerial imagery in 4 variations (natural color, CIR/false
color, NDVI, 4-band) - Topo maps in 4 different renderings (grayscale,
hillshaded, regular, transparent background)"

This was setup as a generic WMS service - so not only Arc*.* users can
connect!

~Joe Larson