[California] Annual Report and Annual Meeting

Michele Tobias mmtobias at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jun 1 12:20:09 EDT 2011

On 6/1/2011 8:51 AM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 06/01/2011 08:03 AM, Sunburned Surveyor wrote:
>> Can anyone help me by putting together a short annual report on our
>> chapter's activities for 2010? I'm working with the Journal team to
>> put together last year's annual report and that would be helpful.
>>
>> Also, my efforts at getting together a spring code sprint didn't work
>> out. However, we still need to have our annual meeting. (One meeting a
>> year is required to be a chapter.) I know people hate coming to
>> Stockton. Is there someone else that will host the meeting?
>>
>> If there was interest, I could possibly try to set-up a joint meeting
>> with my local chapter of the California Land Surveyors Association.
>> That might serve for some interesting cross-pollination.
>>
>> At any rate, we need to have a meeting, and I'm open for suggestions.
>>
>> Please let me know if you can help with the annual report.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Landon
> I still think we can pull something off, and suggest using the CUGOS
> Spring Fling as a planning start point
> (http://cugos-springfling-2011.eventbrite.com/). It was 1 day talks,
> workshops and sprint in Seattle. There's lot of details about it on
> their mailing list http://groups.google.com/group/cugos
>
> My offer to host at UC Davis still stands, if someone can come up with a
> date and estimate of the number of people (so I can get an appropriately
> sized room). We will need a couple of volunteers to organize the event.
>
> Is there a wiki page we're supposed to fill out for the annual report?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
If it's at Davis, we may be able to get some support/sponsorship from
GLOBAL (out geography club) and may get some students who otherwise
wouldn't make it.  I think we can pull off a meeting and/or code
sprint.  I'm not much of a programmer, but I'm a great tester :) and I
can make cookies.

best,
Michele

--