[California] California Chapter Website

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Nov 12 17:28:37 PST 2012

I'm not whole-sale against a more official website (or a better
organized wiki), but I think we should use some sort of simple CMS
rather than hand coding.

There are lots of options, I'll put out there localwiki (from
localwiki.org) might be a fun choice as it has embedded maps and the
developers are locals.

Other options that would be easy to setup: Drupal, Plone, Django-CMS (or
vanilla Django), Wordpress, Trac, Sphinx.

Mediawiki is intentionally not on that list, because we already have
mediawiki.

Mobile 1sts aka Responsive web design is a good idea, we should look to
adapt existing themes for the above mentioned CMS that already handle it
to our desired color/layout.

Thanks,
Alex