[California] California Chapter Website

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Nov 13 11:09:48 PST 2012

On 12-11-13 08:40 AM, Landon Blake wrote:
> Perhaps it is worth a short discussion on the merits of having a more
> formal web site. I personally think there are benefits to this
> approach to managing our web presence. In my mind a wiki is more of a
> collaborative documentation tool, and not really a formal web
> presence.

Landon,

I'm personally in favor of just continuing to live in wiki.osgeo.org.  This
keeps the work level modest, and makes it easy for anyone to contribute
(where as in my opinion manual html preparation or a CMS can be a barrier).

It might make sense to do some organizational work on the California page
at:
   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/California

Perhaps moving a few things like membership lists into sub-pages.

Best regards,