[California] Questions about our Annual Meeting on Saturday, October 13

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 15:14:42 PDT 2012

We are about a week and a half away from our annual meeting on October
13, and I wanted to get a couple of the kinks ironed out. I've updated
our wiki page for the meeting with a list of geo geeks that have
confirmed they will attend. I also replaced one of my suggest talks
with the talk Frank Wammerdam said he would give. I moved my talk to
the last slot, in case the other speakers go long.

I thought we could do the talks from 10AM to 12PM, which would give
each of us 30 minutes. (Alex: Are you still giving a talk? If so, on
what topic?)

That will leave from 1PM to 3PM for our activities.

What activities interest the group? I could coordinate one of the following:

1) OpenJUMP Code Sprint (Java)
2) SurveyOS KML Tools Code Sprint (Ruby)
3) SurveyOS SlitherGrid Code Sprint (Python)
4) Carto Sprint (Survey Control and PLSS Symbols)
5) Inkscape Map Sheet Template Design

Do we want to try and organize something for lunch, or let everyone
fend for themselves? If we want to get some food delivered, I could
front the money for the bill and we could put out a donation jar.

Let me know, and I'll update the wiki page. I'd also like to put up a
quick event web page.

Thanks.

Landon