[California] Does anyone know when FOSS4G North America might be taking place and if it will be in NorCal?

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 15:29:21 PDT 2015

Sounds good. Note that I gave some workshops at CalGIS 2014 when I was
at Boundless/OpenGeo together with the guys from MapBox and we were
asked back this year, but I didn't have time and am no longer at
Boundless so not being paid for it. CalGIS is the main California GIS
conference (other than the Esri UC obviously), its much more oriented
toward the URISA type crowd, but there is huge latent interest in Open
Source. I've given a few workshops for local URISA chapters and have
been asked to do several more but had to decline. Basically promoting
OSgeo to the URISA crowd is a win win for all of us as this is really
the heart and soul of GIS.

Here is the info for 2016. I can find out who the main organizers are
and perhaps we can organize a side event along with this?

http://www.urisa.org/education-events/calgis-conference/

Note, I am in southern california, so can more easily help with this
as its in Anaheim