RNFdev Thinking through polygon creation

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Fri Sep 22 08:39:03 EDT 2006

Ahhhh,

Fantastic, that we're on the list finaly... I think this will be good
for other people who come on and want ot be brought up to speed.

Newbie digitizer eh?... Ohhhh the fun and games we'll have (smile)...
Concepts are pretty simple. I think we have concluded the first
symantical discussion that digitizing always brings about... Asthetic VS
Accuracy. I think we both agree accuracy is more import than a NICE
looking vector (for the most part). There is an art to digitizing just
as there apears to be one for geocoding.

I'm in for the road segment approach. One big reason is that if for some
reason the FSA approach changes or information is updated or an FSA
added we can create ways to update the data.common edges are good.

Alright, I think at this point I need some points of clarification on CD
and CS.... I know what they are in concept but you mention them a lot.
Is there a corelation between the esitance of an FSA and a CS/CD?

What was the 1 or 2 hardest part(s) of matching the FSA lists I created
to the DBF of the populated names? Is this something that we should
create a process or technique? Someone might be able to script
something. Almost a sudo standardizer like we were talking about before.
Is this another chicken and egg scenario?

Cheers