RNFdev Web Space and band Width

Dan Putler putler at sauder.ubc.ca
Fri Sep 22 10:55:13 EDT 2006

Hi Dave,

Frank's offer of space and bandwidth seems pretty workable. I'm
really certain that the space is sufficient, but I don't have a good
sense as to whether the bandwidth is in the right ballpark. Assuming
that the full RNF bundle weighs (in shapefile format) about 1.5 GB,
this implies that about 330 people could download the bundle in a
month. My guess is that for most months this would work. However, it
assumes people download it once. When things move to either WMS or
WFS, I don't have a clue about what would happen with bandwidth usage.

Dan