[Carto] Map specifications

Laurent Jégou jegou at univ-tlse2.fr
Fri Apr 9 12:27:14 EDT 2010

Hello, sorry i have not had time to catch up with the archives of the
[carto] list, i'll do that soon (easter holidays)...

If i had, i would have seen the diagram Gabriel Asato pointed, wich contains
a "Output definition" box mentionning format and resolution, so my message
is nearly pointless :) It seemed to me that this project could be a solution
to many inadequacy problems between GIS databases and tools and
"cartographic-quality" output, and i did not see the question of format type
and media in the recent exchanges.

Lastly i want to clarifiy that i did'nt say that GIS automatically produces
bad maps, or are inadequate tools, but that *used automatically*, without
user intervention, they tend to produce working maps (maps to help an
analysis work in progress, for example) destined to the RGB - 72dpi - screen
:-)

My best regards and have a nice week-end,

Laurent

--
Laurent Jégou
Cartographe et enseignant