[Carto] Requesting Tentative Consensus on MRI File Format - Version 0.12

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon May 3 13:48:21 EDT 2010

On 05/03/2010 10:23 AM, Landon Blake wrote:
> We could certainly define "dynamic" components using proportions and
> anchoring, but that will increase the complexity of the map rendering
> engine quite a bit. I'd prefer to see that done in the prior step by
> a nother program in the tool chain.
>
> That just my opinion though.

I sure agree.  Anything that has a user interface can be considered
slightly off-topic for now at least.  The hope is to solidify an XML
specification and then let others build to the specification.

Of course, once we have it settled, then I'm sure several of us will
want to try various approaches and report back here :)