[Carto] Carto code and project name

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Wed May 5 20:05:10 EDT 2010

Hello everyone,

Me and Landon started to work on a sample Carto project in C#.

We, for now, decided to name the project OSCE (Open Source Cartographic
Engine). We can change that later, if there are objections or better
suggestions.

I've uploaded some code along with some unit tests to the repository.

http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/community/projects/carto/code/trunk/OSCE

For now I have been working on some key classes and interfaces to store in a
ordered fashion the results from a processed xml.

The dependencies, so far, are NUnit (for unit tests) and NetTopologySuite,
which has been chosen because it is a port of JTS and other frameworks,
making it easier if any others want to implement in other languages. So far,
the documentation is non-existant, including documentation on code (very
slim).

I'm looking forward to hear comments from all of you. I'm just a beginner in
the OS world and with development, so all suggestions are more than
appreciated. I'm up for any questions also.

Thanks,

George

--
George R. C. Silva