[COG] Welcome!

Allan Doyle adoyle at intl-interfaces.com
Wed Jun 6 04:58:38 PDT 2018

> On Jun 4, 2018, at 7:09 PM, Chris Holmes <cholmes at radiant.earth> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone! Thanks for joining this list to discuss cloud optimized geotiffs (COGs). We've already got 68 people on the list. I don't anticipate it will be a super active list, but I believe there's a few things to discuss to evolve COGs a bit.
>
> I think I know a number of people on the list, but it'd be great if people could introduce themselves and share their interest in COG.

My interest in COG is as a member of the NASA ESDIS Standards Office (ESO) [1]. One thing we do is watch for emerging standards that look like they will have a lot of community support. There's a lot of interest and activity in moving data and analytics to the cloud within ESDIS so the ESO is keeping an eye out for interesting developments. I've started a wiki page [2] to track things at a very high level.

	Allan

[1] https://earthdata.nasa.gov/eso <https://earthdata.nasa.gov/eso>
[2] https://wiki.earthdata.nasa.gov/display/ESO/ESO+Cloud+Analytics+Notepad <https://wiki.earthdata.nasa.gov/display/ESO/ESO+Cloud+Analytics+Notepad>