[Conference-europe] Conference Committee

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 14:10:50 PDT 2014

Hi all,

my name is Jachym Cepicky, and was chairman of the FOSS4G-CEE
conference in Prague, 2012.

Last moth, we had nice conference in Bremen [2], which was proudly
named FOSS4G-Europe.

FOSS4G Europe (started as FOSS4G Central and Eastern Europe) is the
regional event.

Its scope is to bring the spirit and information flow of the global
FOSS4G conference closer to the people living in various edges of
Europe.

I hope, you all agree with me, that FOSS4G-Europe is
- rather small than big,
- rather simple than opulent,
- rather affordable than spendy,
- rather educative than academic,
- rather fun & social than boring.

FOSS4G Europe is intended to address also (but not exclusively) Europe
specific topics, like INSPIRE, European Union and other topics.

This year in Bremen, it was combination of Fun and Information flow again.

I hope, most of you would like to keep the event moving on, to
organize it once again next year.

For this purpose, we should try to establish conference committee [1],
who would decide about the venue based on proposals, which we hope,
will arrive.

Therefore I suggest, everybody, who is interested in being in the
committee, shall add his/her name into the list of committee members
in the wiki [1]. I have taken me the liberty to add passed
FOSS4G-CEE/Europe chairs in the list as starters. I did not add
anybody else not that I would exclude him/her, but  because of you
might be upset. I would like to encourage especially members of
conference committees, who were actively participating on
FOSS4G-CEE/Europe, to become part of the Conference-Europe-Committee.

I would like too to encourage especially members of local chapters,
especially those, who are organising their own, usually
language-specific local events, to became members of FOSS4G-Europe
committee as well, so we can organize the time schedule in a way, that
the events do not correlate with each other.

What would I expect from members of the committee:

- to actively participate on the selection process,
- to select the best venue from arrived proposals,
- to help the local organisation committee with the organisation
(remotely, via hangouts/skype calls)
- to direct the FOSS4G-Europe in the direction, we all, as
participants, would like to have it

Once again: add your name to [1], if you would like to have your hands
on next years decision process

Any notes/hints/comments?

Thank you all

Jachym