[Conference-europe] [general] FOSS4G Eu 2015 - First Episod 5

Maria Antonia Brovelli maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Fri Oct 10 13:53:35 PDT 2014

Dear All

some updates at the end of the week.

A new track was added (Indoor-Outdoor Positioning and Mapping). It is an emerging theme that brings us closer to other sister associations and communities (at Politecnico di  Milano we have  a long and excellent history on positioning. Just to mention, Prof. Sansò, now emeritus Professor, was President of IAG - International Association of Geodesy).

Now the list of possible initiatives is closed and we can start the organization.

Rooms have been booked but this is the most we can organize.

On Tuesday Mingo and I have a meeting to finalize the logistic at the University and the list of possible accommodation that will be suggested to attendees. The website team has started working and we'll have a first webpage in few days.

Below the volunteers (in bold characters the people I kindly ask to act as coordinator of the corresponding team). I added a new team which will organize social media communication. Jachym will you coordinate it?

In my opinion it is important that every team starts working independently proposing

  *   a call for workshop/abstract/paper
  *   a scientific committee (or simply a committe which will select the abstract or the proposal in case of ws and gt)

Dear coordinators, would you mind starting the activities?

Thanks!! and Ciao (you need to start learning some italian)

Maria

0) coordination: Maria Brovelli - Marco Minghini (Mingo)

1) website: Nicolas Bozon - Gerald Fenoy - Marco Negretti [web]

2) workshops: Siki Zoltan - Carlos Granell - Simone Corti - Stefano Piffer [ws]

3) General Track: Vasile Craciunescu - Giuseppe Conti - Stefano Campus - Jorge Sanz [gt]

4) Academic Track: Peter Baumann - Massimiliano Cannata - Sven Schade - Marco Brambilla - Marco Minghini - Paolo Zatelli - Marco Ciolli[at]

5) Water Track: Dragan Savic - Maria Brovelli - Carolina Arias - Margherita di Leo - Peter Weels - Andreas Burzel - Helmut Kudrnovsky - Robert Szczepanek [wt]

6) Open Data Track: Codrina Ilia - Maurizio Napolitano (Napo) [odt]

7) Library Track: Peter Loewe - Marcella Samakovlija [lt]

8) Live USB: Angelos Tzotsos - Luca Delucchi - Simone Corti [liv]

9) Social media/Press: Jachym Cepicky - Marco Minghini - Carolina Arias [sm]

10) NASA WW Challenge: Patrick Hogan - Gabor Remetey - Maria Brovelli - Rody Jolak - Giorgio Zamboni - Giuseppe Conti [ww]

11) Map Party: Maria Brovelli - George Gartner - Monia Molinari - Luca Delucchi - Marco Brambilla [map] 12) GeoForAll meeting: Suchith Anand - Maria Brovelli - Marco Minghini [gfa]

13) Code Sprint: Luca Delucchi - Jachym Cepicky - Jeff McKenna - Marco Negretti - Simone Corti - Stefano Piffer [cs]

14) Indoor-Outdoor Positioning and Mapping: Ludovico Biagi - Giuseppe Conti [iot]

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Vice Rector for Como Campus and GIS Professor
Politecnico di Milano

FOSS4G ASIA - Don't miss it!
http://www.foss4g-asia.org/2014/

ISPRS WG IV/5 "Web and Cloud Based Geospatial Services and Applications"; OSGeo; ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET

Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALY)
Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob. +39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321
e-mail1: <mailto:maria.brovelli at polimi.it> maria.brovelli at polimi.it
e-mail2: prorettrice at como.polimi.it