[Conference-europe] web page of foss4g-europe

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Wed Sep 24 23:44:13 PDT 2014

> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 7:19 PM, Maria Antonia Brovelli
> <maria.brovelli at polimi.it> wrote:
>>

>> Gerald, Nicolas and Marco (Marco from the LOC) will take care of the
>> website. I want them decide what it is better for them, obviously
>> considering that we want to be able to connect to the website also in two
>> years or in ten years...
>

> Maybe they can create website with re-usability in mind and other followers
> can build upon it.
>
> Just for information, I have found Pelican static site generator [1] much
> more powerful than WP from developers side and very easy to maintain from
> user side.
>
> 1 - http://blog.getpelican.com

Pelican, Jekyll, Piecrust, etc, all static site generators all work
more or less on the same way. I've been using jekyll for my personal
website and other projects for two years and it's quite
straightforward, once the site is prepared, just place an
html/markdown/rst file on the posts or pages folder and rebuild/sync
with the server. It's way easier than maintaining a Drupal/CMS site
IMHO, and your web is a pure HTML site that you can move anywhere
instantly.

Anyway this decision is up to the team preparing the website, if they
feel more comfortable with a CMS go on.

--
Jorge Sanz
http://www.osgeo.org