[Conference-europe] FOSS4G-E Academic track

Marco Minghini marco.minghini86 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 03:54:53 PST 2018

> Dear all,
>
> I am starting to set up the academic track for the coming conference. The
> most convenient would be to have just extended abstracts. Those accepted
> could later be archived. What formats were used in past conferences? As far
> as I know no one ever produced Proceedings or formal things of the like.

Dear Luí­s,
proceedings were produced for both FOSS4G Europe 2015 and FOSS4G Europe
2017.

- for FOSS4G Europe 2015 in Como, we first asked for abstracts and then for
short or long papers (authors could choose), and we did publish Proceedings
[1]. These proceedings included also the abstracts sent for the General
Track and all the other Tracks we had.

- for FOSS4G Europe 2017 in Paris, extended abstracts were first asked and
then authors of accepted abstracts were asked to send a paper. Thanks to
the great work of Maria Brovelli with ISPRS, these papers were published in
The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and
Spatial Information Sciences [2].

Cheers,
Marco

[1] http://geomatica.como.polimi.it/workbooks/n12/