[Conference-resources] FOSS4GE 2024 web-page

Allixender allixender at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 13:22:53 PDT 2023

Hi all,

A short summary for the current progress of the FOSS4GE 2024 Europe Tartu web-page:

We have an initial set-up here in GitHub:

- https://github.com/LandscapeGeoinformatics/2024_foss4g_europe
- https://landscapegeoinformatics.github.io/2024_foss4g_europe/

- we’ll continue prepare all elements but keep them basically empty - don't remove actual elements, so the structure is there and template where content goes is clear for reuse
- only basic osgeo and foss4g about info
- potentially keep 2024 tartu on a different branch, and fresh emplty template for otehr confs on separate branch as well, make gh pages deploy only for tartu of course
- potentially have a very early bare placeholder "keep the dates" page early ready
- then we can make move to osgeo git
- then discuss and ticket for DNS eg https://2024.foss4g-europe.org/
- have a telegram/discord group for general FOSS4G Europe 2024 organisation?

- pretalx event already initiated
- ticket buying system will need to be prepared, maybe pretix or other commercial eg fienta

Info links:

- https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2484
- https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook

Tartu LOC could finalise a timeline?