[Workshops] PostGIS installation on workshop machines

Judit Mays mays at lat-lon.de
Fri Sep 12 03:45:52 EDT 2008

Hello Justin,

yes there are others who need Postgres/PostGIS. I very much like your suggestion
of pre-installation.

My personal choice for username/password would be postgres/postgres.
But if there are other easy to remember suggestions, please let me know.

As for postgres/postgis version I would prefer 8.2.9 but any 8.2.x will do as
well. And if postgres is pre-installed, then the PostGIS (1.3) can easily be
installed along with postgres (just by enabling the spacial extension), right?

I had already described my preferences to Graeme McFerren. I would also need a
database of a specified name ("configtool"). I didn't intend on doing the
install and db creation in the lab itself, since the lab is only 90 minutes. If
I would have to do so after all, then I would need to know early enough, so I
could rearrange my lab schedule.

Kind regards,
Judit

--