[Workshops] Re: [Foss4g2009] Confused about workshop registration fee

Mark Leslie mark.leslie at lisasoft.com
Tue Aug 11 20:52:11 EDT 2009

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> FYI - my email has had trouble this week - accidentally NOT sending many
> of mails out - sorry for this.. resending in case you didn't receive it
> already earlier.
> ------
>> How were people handled in previous years?  I assume lists of names were
>> supplied in advance; were volunteers required to be conference
>> delegates?  What kind of numbers were there?  Who turned this into a
>> top-posting thread?
>>
>> I'm going to prod Tour Hosts a bit off the public channel to see about
>> costs of bodies and any administrative fun that I haven't thought of.  I
>> agree that we need this.
>
> If I recall from 2007, there were volunteer door monitors who checked the
> list before allowing registered delegates to enter.  Us leaders were then
> able to identify our helpers as they approached.  They are a good person
> for the workshop leader to talk to as 'helpers' show up or to provide a
> list of names to in advance.
>
> Just a thought - keep it simple.

I've had a chat with Arinex yesterday and confirmed that it won't be a
problem to handle the volunteers.  I will collect a list of names a week
or two before conference time and they'll be checked off and given a
generic name tag to get them in the door.  I'm thinking of putting a
cut-off date two weeks before the conference (6 Oct) for getting me a
list of names.  Is that too early?

Mark Leslie
Geospatial Software Architect
LISAsoft

Ph: +61 2 8570 5000 Fax: +61 2 8570 5099 Mob: +61
Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf 19-21 Pirrama Rd Pyrmont NSW 2009