[Workshops] Re: [Foss4g2009] Confused about workshop registration fee

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Mon Jul 27 12:18:48 EDT 2009

Hey-

Jody Garnett wrote:
> Well one suggestion is that if you have helpers for your workshop; they are your volunteers and you should feed them? There are lots of nearby eating establishments.
>
> It is a pity since having volunteers is often the difference between one user having workstation troubles and a successful workshop.

Right.  If we can give a (short) list of volunteers for each workshop, I
was imaging those people would be allowed in - but wouldn't get any
other of the perks of a paying participant (I certainly wouldn't expect
the conference to feed me if I didn't pay).

I understand the budget constraints - and am not trying to increase the
burden.  I do believe it makes a big difference to have a well supported
workshop.  I hope there is a way it can be done without increasing costs.

Tim

Tim Schaub
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org