[OSGeo-Conf] OSGeo/FOSS4G '07 Location

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Aug 30 22:24:21 EDT 2006

I forwarded this to Tom Burk at the UMN. He was the money guy for the
MN conferences...

Steve

On 30-Aug-06, at 8:03 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> To the best of my knowledge, no work has been done on the RFP idea
> yet.
> While I'm inclined that it should be a little more involved than you
> suggest (we ought to provide parameters on # of attendies, what
> support
> OSGeo will provide, etc), I don't think it needs to be too involved.

In addition to number of attendees, some historical numbers on
corporate sponsorships would be helpful.  Also the historical numbers
on fees, etc.  Thinking from a respondents PoV, all the information
necessary to figure out the risk involved in a particular set of
pricing and service parameters.  In many respects this is like a
fixed price bid ("I'll do X for $Y per attendee") so knowing the
input parameters is crucial.