2007 Proposals

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Dec 5 15:34:08 EST 2006

We received 2 proposals for 2007 hosting (one from Portland Oregon, and
another from Victoria BC).  Both submission emails and proposals are
archived at http://community.osgeo.org/en/conference/2007/proposals

I have also updated the conference Wiki with our latest activities
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Conference_Committee).

As Frank mentioned, we have to move quickly on this as a committee.  So
I propose that the conference committee members (those listed on the
above Wiki page) review each proposal according to the evaluation
criteria listed in the RFP
(http://community.osgeo.org/files/osgeo-conference-2007-request-for-proposal.pdf),
and then meet for an IRC discussion this Friday
(http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2006&month=12&day=8&hour=16&min=0&sec=0)
on irc.freenode.net in #foss4g2007.  (I know this time is usually for
the OSGeo board meeting time, but from talking to Tyler it seems it may
not happen this week, so maybe we can steal that time?)

Let me know if that time is possible for committee members.

jeff